Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Leopard Blues

Remember the story about the remote's untimely death at the hands of the one they call Bella and her weapon the dotting tool of torture? This was all that was left of him...



















I had a little too much fun on Photoshop last night, huh?

Ok, so I love blues. I think it's one of my favorite colors, so I constantly find myself reaching for blues when picking my manis out. I steer more towards brighter hues (a la Blue Me Away and Pacific Blue). I decided on a darker color, but still one of my more frequently used ones. OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui is described as a medium dusty blue creme. Dusty in my mind meaning "muddy". I used this color alot in the fall, but I think I can manage to get away with using it for a few more months. The weather really influences my color choices. I know it's crazy...but I can't help it :) I've been wanting to do a full on leopard mani because I've seen it a bunch of times on MUA. (Jiloverz does some pretty awesome mani's. Click here to see the inspiration). I think I will wait until my nails grow out a bit to do this on all of my nails. For now I just did two leopard nails:



I used Orly Glitz & Glamour for the base (I LOVE this gold). G&G goes on so smoothly, which is not the case for most foil finishes that I've used before. I got this on clearance at Sally's for 1.99 a while back...I'm bummed I didn't get more, lol.

I SUCK at freehanding, so used is Konad M59 and the spots were filled in using Zoya Cheryl and OPI Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear? And because I was feeling artsy here is what it looked like in my mind, lol

I wish the whole world was cross-processed :)

I love animal prints, what's your favorite??



2 comments:

  1. I love the accent nails! The color combo is quite unexpected, but I think that makes it even more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I have no idea what possessed me to put these two together, but I really liked how they contrast.

    ReplyDelete