Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Heart Truth

So as you may know, February is Women's Hearth Awareness Month.

Here are a few facts taken from The Heart Truth:

-Heart disease is the #1 killer of American women.
-Almost eight times more women die from heart disease than breast cancer,  and more women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined.
-Women's heart disease risk starts to rise in middle age.
-About 3 million American women have had a heart attack.
-A woman suffers a heart attack every minute.
-Sixty-two percent of American women who die suddenly of a heart attack had no prior symptoms.
-Americans can lower their risk of heart disease by as much as 82 percent just by leading a healthy lifestyle.

I've been seeing the limited edition Diet Coke cans, and they are seriously really cute!


So I was inspired to do my own take on it...



Yet another excuse to use Obey Me. I am seriously loving this RED! 

Ring:
Celeb City with the red glitter Im holding. I used a dotting tool to make the heart, as you can tell from the lopsidedness of it. The little person was made with a nail art pen. I have found these pens Kryptonite though....Seche Vite! It cracks like crazy when you apply SV over it. Or at least it has for me.  

Thumb:
Konad accent (this came from the plate that has the alphabet) made with the special Konad polish. I tried Celeb City, but I'm not sure why it did not want to work for me. I actually thought SC would be perfect for stamping...but I think I'm starting to notice that thicker polishes are better for stamping. Has that been yall's opinion?

Take care of your heart, if you don't....who will??

xox...L

No comments:

Post a Comment