Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nail Art Challenge (Day 13)


How crazy is this time change? It always takes me a few days to get used to it. Here is my "lucky" 13th mani...

13 of 31
I have to give it up for the ladies who do full scotch tape manis! It takes some serious skill (which I clearly don't have yet because I only did one nail). I went with Essie Incognito for the pink, middle and thumb. Incognito is one of my favorite Essies. This green can be used year-round in my opinion. It's light enough to be worn in spring, yet dark enough to where you can also use it in the fall. I'm not too crazy about Essie's brushes though; they're a bit on the thin side, so it takes more strokes to cover the bigger nails. The application is so easy though, that it really doesn't take away from the end result. Here are the colors I used on my accent fingers:

Index: (Pot o' Gold)
Milani Jewel FX in Gold. Shown are 3 coats. The Milani glitters are actually some of my favorite chunky glittes. I really like how much glitter comes off in each coat; by the 3rd coat the nail is almost completely covered in glitter.

Ring: (Rainbow)
Here are the colors used in order- SH Lickety-Split Lime, Pure Ice Hot Tamale, ChG Make an Entrance, SH Blue Me Away, and SH Lively Lilac. I taped off one color at a time (starting closest to the cuticle) with a coat of SV in between. This was the nail that took the longest because I had to wait a little while for each coat to dry a bit so that when I taped off, the polish wouldn't lift off with the tape. I learned this after my first try, so this pictured is my second attempt at this rainbow nail.

I did little accents on the bottom right corner of my green nails with Zoya Edyta on BM03. You can't really see them too well, but I like their subtleness. It doesn't class with all the gold and rainbows. I can't wait for St. Patty's Day! Who doesn't enjoy green beer?

What do you ladies have planned??

No comments:

Post a Comment