Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello Kitty's Gone Cheetah

So I know that I haven't done much nail art lately. I just haven't really been inspired by anything lately. Usually I see something and I think how could I possibly transfer into that onto my nails. Lately, not so much :(

My friends usually poke fun at my nail accents, and I guess they must miss them. One of my friends said she wanted to see a Hello Kitty nail. I figured this weekend would be good to try since we had no plans....ahhh gotta love relaxing weekends! I've been wanting to do a cheetah mani for a while so I combined the two:





















I used OPI Glitzerland for the base and stamped with Konad Black. The spots are filled in with Orly Glitz & Glamour. I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Whirlwind White, OPI Black Onyx, and The "It" Color. Ok, so here is where it got tricky for me because I knew I would never be able to pull off a decent bow. I got these stickers a while back at Sephora so I did a little experiment. I used MAC Obey Me and painted over one of the white bows. I let it dry for about 15 minutes, then I peeled it off. Some of the red came off past the edges of the bow, so I trimmed as best I could. I was pretty pleased with the outcome. It beats trying to paint a bow, then completely messing up my nails.

I was feeling a little artsy, so I did this on my phone :)

Hello Kitty Chic :)

If you have any ideas/inspiration that you would like for me to do a tutorial on, shoot me an email (bellas.box1@gmail.com) and I'd be more than happy to try and recreate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment