Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sally Hansen always has me going on Mystic treasure hunts!

Hi everyone! I have missed being here, life has been pretty hectic lately! If you wanna read what I have been up to, you can check out My So Called Un-Life. On to more important things (like the nails!!)...

I first got into nail polish maybe about a year ago...there are just sooo many reasons to love nails and everything you can do with them. I remember when making my first "lemming" list and searching EVERYWHERE for certain colors. Somewhere at the top of my list was Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac. I must have gone to every drug store in my area looking for it and NOTHING! So heartbreaking!! Then...one rainy day I stopped at a random Walgreens and what do I see in the clearance jar.....MYSTIC LILAC! I remember thinking "SUCKERSSS...Ya'll don't know how precious this is!" I hoped to find a backup so I asked around, but no such luck. I guess I was meant to take just one bottle home. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, it ended up in my untrieds for a year. Yes, a whole year!! :(

This past weekend I sat down for my weekly mani/pedi and wasn't feeling any color, so I decided to purge with a nude/taupe. A few choices later and still...nothing. Until ML caught my eye....how could I have forgotten you for so long???

My nails are still pretty short (I have learned that I am a stress nail-biter)...but oh how I love the color!!

From Sally Hansen's Fall 2010 collection, ML is a grayed-out lilac taupe with grayish almost-green micro shimmer. I applied it at night, so when I took pictures I was a little dissapointed at how un-lilac it pulled on me, since it looked nothing like the bottle color. I still loved the color, though...


Direct light w/flash

Direct light, no flash


Look at that micro-shimmer!!

The next day I went outside and fell in love even more with this color. I think it's taupe-y enough that you can wear it to work, but still edgy enough that it's not meh...

I wonder what happened to all the bottles of ML?? It seems like there are never enough of these awesome colors....Sally Hansen, why do you do this to us???

I missed you all so much!! It's great to be back. I have some really neat (wait, did I just use that word??) things planned out for all the upcoming events/holidays. I can't wait to share them with ya'll!!




2 comments:

  1. It's great to see you posting again, missed your posts, but glad you are well. LOL we all have colors like Mystic Lilac, where we buy them, don't wear them for a long time and then suddenly fall in love with them ... you've got me wanting to put on SH XW Concrete from that same collection! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the dark gray creme? I think that one is sitting in my untrieds also....along with Purple Gala, lol. I'm majorly slacking!!

    ReplyDelete