Friday, March 25, 2011

Barielle Elle's Spell and TGIF!

So this has officially seemed like one of the longest weeks in a while! I have almost given up on the idea that I will be finishing the nail art challenge which is a total bummer. Bella will be going to school in the fall and I am having a home visit tomorrow (why on a Saturday when all I wanna do is rest??) so I've gone crazy cleaning my house (-_-). Needless to say, it has taken a toll on my nails and yesterday I had to file them all down. I had chipped two of them and kept picking at the sides, so they ended up really deformed. I figured they're gonna grow back fairly quickly so....I have nubbins :D

I am a bit late to the game because this is by no means a new release. Elle's Spell was a part of the Winter 2010 Holiday Hustle Collection. I recently got this on Amazon because I looked at a few Ulta's and had no luck finding it. Barielle has a monthly contest. This month's is to win the entire (6) holiday collection. You can find more info and register here.

This shows off the flakes. Seriously, how gorgeous is the bottle color??


This is more true to what the red actually looks like.


Up close of the flakies

Elle's Spell is described as a jelly red with multi-colored foil flakes. This is 3 coats and 1 of SV. I like that with 3 coats it's completely opaque (covering any VNL) but yet it retains its "jelly" properties. It gives the color/flakies alot of depth. I did a little reading and saw that some people were applying a dark base under this to bring out the flakies more. I tried this on a piece of paper (I will make an edit to show this) and decided that I'm just not in a vampy mood. I'm sure that a dark base under this will make for a great winter color.

Have a great Friday ladies and wish me luck on our home visit!!!

Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment