Friday, May 13, 2011

The "Small Project" That Took on a Life of It's Own

Ok, so I live in a pretty old house. I think my house was built around 1961..so that makes it (takes out the calculator) about 50 years old. So imagine a 50 year old house. Yep...fully wood panelled walls, god-awful wallpaper everywhere, laminate flooring...a MESS! (I wish I would've taken pictures when I first moved in). I have lived there about 4 years and in that time the only things that I have done to improve the house was paint the walls to a color of my choice, paint the cabinets in my entertainment center white, and paint over the wallpaper with solid white (the RR was green. GREEN TILE...EVERYWHERE!!) We were newlyweds and money was TIGHT.


Fast forward 4 years and it was time for a major renovation. We got a really good deal on tile so we decided to tackle on the floors because I HATED the laminate. Like....with a PASSION. I don't have a good pic of it, but here it is so you can get an idea of what it looked like:


Yes, we play beer pong in my living room, lol

What? I know what you may be thinking..."it's not that bad" Well...here is an upclose shot of it....
It's not a real party until things get broken. Yes...it is that bad!

So off we went to remove the laminate flooring and 2 days later it looked like this:
You can even see the evil wood paneling peeking it's evil eyes at me...taunting me!!

So off I go to work depressed because my house is dusty beyond belief. They finally finished the floor and it now looks like this:

OMG much better!!! Well...being me...I just can't leave well enough alone and I got a bit too excited from the newly found love for my house and I decided "Heyyy..let's do the restrooms while we're at it. The house is already dusty and dirty so why not get it done all at one time and we can clean it real good later on???"

BAAAAADDD idea....

Stay tuned for the disaster that is my restroom renovations

(I'm dreading walking into my house as I type this out) (-_-)




No comments:

Post a Comment