Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gemma was a Fairytale

In keeping with the fall green trend, I took out another one of my unuseds. This isn't technically a very "fallish" color. Actually, I think this would be more appropriate for Spring. Zoya Gemma (http://www.zoya.com/) is from the Intimate Collection. It is described as a "light muted olive green with an overlay of blue and violet duochrome shimmer." It kind of reminds me of those clay masks you put on at spas....ahhh those things feel amazing!! This is 2 coats.










I also picked up DL Today Was a Fairytale (which I won't go into great detail about because I want to try and do an ombre mani with this...so stay tuned!!) But the blue base in this complemented Gemma's blue shimmer pretty nicely



DL, you are my guilty pleasure!!!! What's your favorite nail indulgence??

2 comments:

  1. Gemma is such a beautiful shade. I got one of the spoons in my Birchbox a couple of months ago and wished that was the color they sent instead of the mini Shay I got. I love duo chromes!

    I am kind of easy when it comes to nail polish, I don't indulge much, other than buying way too much.. my most expensive bottle is $12, not counting the $17 NARS polish I recently picked up on sale for $8.

    I've been wanting to try some DL and Chanel, but I have two drawers full of polish (some yet to be tried) so I can't justify the cost right now. I might splurge on Chanel Peridot and Graphite for Christmas if I can get my hands on them ;) But my limit seems to be around the $10 range for polish, usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gemma and its very fall-ish to me. I just dont like it in the spring maybe because I get so excited for brights and pastels.

    ReplyDelete