Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pink Polka-Dots for a Cure...

We're in October already, can you believe it?!? This year is flying by! Yesterday I did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This is the second year I participate and this year was even better than the first. Last year, it was just two of us...this year it was 4 (next year...maybe 100!!).

October marks the starts of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I thought I would celebrate it (and the race) by tweaking THIS mani that Denize did. I fell in love with it immediately. Finding a bunch of pinks that complimented each other yet weren't too similar was a bit tricky. I finally ended up using these:

-Sally Hansen Celeb City
-Hello Kitty Bubble Gum
-Milani Pink Rocks!
-Sinful 24/7
-OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries
-Zoya Lola





I had a great time at the race, there were sooo many people there. It always feels good to be a part of something so meaningful and to see so many people there dedicated to the same cause. Here is a pic of us after we crossed the finish line



I will be trying to go through alot of my pinks this month (along with a few other ideas I have cooking up).

I hope everyone's weekends are going great!!


No comments:

Post a Comment