Thursday, November 3, 2011

If Dorothy's Shoes Were a Color....THIS would be it!

Hi guys! How's everyone doing? Good, I hope. So, like I've mentioned before...my friends all have different colors that they like to see on me. One of them particularly likes reds, she says it reminds her of her mom :D A while back she mentioned that she saw someone with a red that looked like the exact color of Dorothy's shoes so I went on a frenzy looking for it, but nothing even came close according to her. I even shelled out $18 for Deborah Lippman Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? (aka...Jessica Rabbit) which so far is proving to be a total BUST because I can't think of a proper way to even swatch/wear it. It's such a PitA! Such a dissapointment! I ran into Walgreens the other day to pick up a few things and I saw the WnW Ice Baby display kind of picked over and what else do I see?? A bright red glitter staring at me! (Remember that book "Brown Bear Brown Bear, what do you see?"). They only had this and the two purples, so I only got this.

Rockin' Rubies is a small red micro-glitter in a clear base with rainbow (not holo, I'm not sure what this is called) glitter. It is crazy sparkly!! Think....Dorothy's Shoes times 100!

Since I didn't want to fuss with trying to get the clear base to be opaque, I applied one coat of Zoya Sarah as my base and 1 coat of Rockin' Rubies. Easy, right? WRONG! The ONLY bad side to this polish is that it is SUPER top coat hungry! This is 3 coats of SH-Insta Dri and it's STILL not completely smooth. I really don't like the way my nails look with thick polish, so this is a minus for me. It also doesn't help that I'm back to nubs since I had a chip at the pumpkin patch this past weekend. Hay rides are not a nail's best friend, make note of that! My nail kinda got caught on some wood and broke. :(

Ya'll ready for the pictures??

My camera had a heart attack with these, it did not want to cooperate. These are the best ones I took...and they're not all that great either.






Pick this up NOW if you don't have it. $1.99?? You CAN'T beat that!

Speaking of deals (good and bad)....if any of you have DL-Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? and have been able to actually say you LIKE it...please tell me how you wore it, I just can't get on board with this. That sucks! I wanted to love it so so bad!

:(

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, so pretty. I want to get my hands on this collection so bad haha..

    & I was SO excited for DL Do Ya Think I'm Sexy [I thought it was a chunky red glitter in a red jelly base] till I saw the swatches.. disappointed:[ Maybe sandwich it in a red jelly [like Essie Jelly Apple]??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that's the only way I'll be able to wear it. I'll have to pick up Jelly Apple when I see it.

    ReplyDelete