Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You Don't Know Extra-Va-Vaganza

Hey everyone!! Today I'm going for a more subtle "Halloween" mani. Ok..this is more of a fall mani :) This is OPI You Don't Know Jacques. YDKJ is a taupe-y brown (not gray based like alot of other taupes) creme. This kind of reminds me of a mix between Essie Mink Muffs and Hard Candy Mushroom. It's not as red as MM, but not as brown as Mushroom; good combination. I actually hard to use 3 coats, I had alot of "bald spots" with 2 coats for some reason.

The accent nail is Extra-Va-Vanganza from the Burlesque collection. The whole glitter line from this is pure genious. I love them all!! It's mosly a silver and orange glitter in a clear base, but if you look really closely...there is pink and green glitter too. 3 coats of this (and a few more on TC...it ate it up like crazy!). This is a nice way to spice up a "mom mani"




When I don't know what to wear, a combination like this is alway my go-to choice. I feel like I can't go wrong with something like this.

What's your "safest" color combo??

3 comments:

  1. I love that combo! Too bad I skipped out on the burlesque glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combo.. Really pretty and I don't tend to like glitter but I like this.. There's SO much going on here and I LOVE it..I found ya blog hopping around and I'm officially following ya with smiles.. LOVELY blog.. I'm settling in to look around and indulge a bit if you don't mind :)).. I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com .. Hope you can stop in sometime pweease. TY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The Burlesque glitters are all pretty amazing, I'm missing one. I should really track it down :/

    ReplyDelete